This house is believed to have been built by William Fields or
between 1815 and 1835. Johnson eventually purchased several small
tracts to form the huge sugar-producing plantation. Other significant
Henry Schuyler Thibodaux, Juan Egana, Thomas Bibb, Richard
Allen and eventually J. B. Levert. In 2004 J. B. Levert Land Co.
donated the house to Nicholls State University. The lower floor was
once open and was used for sheltering horses and carriages. The
interior features a cross-shaped hall and carved woodwork. The name is
derived from a 14th century Italian patriot.
215 Hwy 308